More restrictions for Nevada casinos come Tuesday after Governor Steve Sisolak announced a three-week state-wide hiatus during Sunday virtual press conference. Casinos will have to limit their capacity to 25% due to the increase in the daily number of new coronavirus cases.
Growing new virus cases everyday
Sisolak said in an online press conference that the daily number of new virus cases in excess of 2,000 for 4 of the last 7 days indicated the state had entered a "red zone". Earlier in the month he had suggested that new restrictions might appear to flatten the curve.
Instead of imposing a state-wide block this time, the governor chose 3-week period a break, including the mandatory wearing of masks for all Nevada residents and state visitors at all times, and a further reduction in capability levels for all businesses and clusters from 50% to 25%.
Restaurants and bars, including those in casinos, will also face the same limit of attendance, in addition to having to book and a limit of four guests per table, he said governor of Sisolakemphasizing the importance of the casino industry to the country's economy.
"Our casinos, hotels, restaurants and bars are open with strict restrictions so that we can protect our economy."
Nevada Gov Steve Sisolak
Sisolak suggested that casinos use their supervisory and accounting systems to calculate the number of slot machines at the same time, as well as the total number of customers on the casino floor, sending an audible warning to all gaming outlets that the new capacity restrictions will apply. enforced with help Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB).
NGCB understands its role
"The council will vigorously enforce the newly announced restrictions by the governor on the occupation of trading floors among gaming licensees and asks for help from the industry"
Brin Gibson, president of the Nevada Gaming Control Board
The chairman of the board further explained that a return to the current stock floor occupancy depends on the successful mitigation of the current increase in virus cases over the next three weeks, noting that casino operators have the option of adequately reducing the number of customers all the time.
The Nevada Resort Association supports the measures
President Nevada Resort Association Virginia Valentine released a statement following Governor Sisolak's announcement of the new measures, in which he noted that the governor considered them carefully and carefully, in line with the advice of medical experts and crisis management officials, and his coronavirus task force.
"We understand that the governor's actions are aimed at balancing the public health interest with the current economic impact."
Virginia Valentine, president of the Nevada Resort Association
Members of the association realize the importance of halting the current wave of the spread of the virus and reversing the new daily rate, urging the public to adhere to recommended practices and behavior along with the industry.